Catfish Cakes Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds catfish fillets
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 large potato, peeled, cooked and mashed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 to 3 drops hot pepper sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups finely crushed butter-flavored crackers
- Canola oil
- Tartar sauce, optional
- 1. Poach or bake catfish fillets until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drain and refrigerate. Flake cooled fish into a large bowl. Add the eggs, potato, onion, parsley, pepper sauce, garlic, salt, pepper and basil and mix well. Shape into eight patties.
- 2. Place cracker crumbs in a shallow bowl. Coat patties in cracker crumbs. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook catfish cakes in oil in batches on each side or until golden brown. Serve with tartar sauce if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (4 ounces) equals 296 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 93 mg cholesterol, 546 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Reviews for Catfish Cakes
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.