Anglers will be hooked on this clever catch of the day. Simply dress up fillets with cheesy "scales" (scalloped potatoes from a package). Lemon slices and lime wedges do double duty, adding fun finishing touches and refreshing flavor when squeezed over the fish.
4 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 1 package (5 ounces) cheesy scalloped potatoes with skins
- 4 cod fillets (4 ounces each)
- 16 lime wedges
- 2 lemon slices, halved
- 4 ripe olive slices
- 8 pimiento strips
- Prepare scalloped potatoes, following the package directions for
- stovetop method. Place fish in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking
- Arrange potatoes on fish to look like scales. Cover and bake at
- 450° for 8-10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a
- Carefully transfer to serving plates. Garnish with lime for tails and
- fins, lemon for heads, olives for eyes, and pimientos for eyes and
- mouth. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 238 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 675 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot