Anglers will be hooked on this clever catch of the day. Simply dress up fillets with cheesy "scales" (scalloped potatoes from a package). Lemon slices and lime wedges do double duty, adding fun finishing touches and refreshing flavor when squeezed over the fish.
Featured In: 30 Recipes to Make with Beer
- 1 package (5 ounces) cheesy scalloped potatoes with skins
- 4 cod fillets (4 ounces each)
- 16 lime wedges
- 2 lemon slices, halved
- 4 ripe olive slices
- 8 pimiento strips
- Prepare scalloped potatoes, following the package directions for stovetop method. Place fish in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Arrange potatoes on fish to look like scales. Cover and bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Carefully transfer to serving plates. Garnish with lime for tails and fins, lemon for heads, olives for eyes, and pimientos for eyes and mouth. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Catch-Of-The-Day Fish in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p38
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Catch-Of-The-Day Fish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review