Catalina Tomato Salad Recipe
"I'm a tomato lover, and this is my favorite summertime salad," says Lora Billmire of Spokane, Washington. "With its sweet dressing and tangy olives, the unique blend disappears almost immediately at picnics and barbecues."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 6 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 jar (5-1/4 ounces) pimiento-stuffed olives, drained and halved
- 3/4 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 150 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 620 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC