Catalina Taco Salad Recipe
This quick and easy taco salad is popular with the teen campers at the youth camp my husband directs. Our daughter has requested it 2 years in a row for her birthday dinner. —Kay Curtis, Guthrie, Oklahoma
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 package (12 ounces) corn chips
- 1 bottle (24 ounces) Catalina salad dressing
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- 2. Add the cheese, beans, tomatoes, onion, romaine and corn chips. Drizzle with dressing; gently toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup equals 631 calories, 42 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 1,145 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC