Catalina Taco Salad Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 package (12 ounces) corn chips
- 1 bottle (24 ounces) Catalina salad dressing
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- 2. Add the cheese, beans, tomatoes, onion, romaine and corn chips. Drizzle with dressing; gently toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup equals 631 calories, 42 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 1,145 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Reviews for Catalina Taco Salad
"Great taco salad. Goes together quickly. Fried the onions in with the ground beef and used a 16 oz bottle of zesty catalina dressing, which was more than enough. If not making for a crowd, don't mix the corn chips in because they lose their crunch as leftovers."
"This is one of my favorite taco salads. I use ranch style beans and zesty catalina dressing and if I want to add meat I add grilled chicken. Excellent meal and flavor!"
"This was a really good recipe. I used the Kraft lite catalina dressing and only 6 Tbsp of it to cut back on some of the calories. The taste was still there! I will definitely make this again when I'm in a fix for a quick dish."
"This is THE taco salad recipe. You can try Western dressing for a little more zip!"
"Another nice option is to use a bag of Doritos brand Nacho Cheese chips, crushed, instead of the corn chips. Serve with sour cream, sliced jalapeno peppers, and your favorite salsa."
"Growing up my grandma used to make a salad like this...everyone loved it! After she passed I lost track of the recipe, but when I saw this salad recipe posted it brought back all my wonderful memories of it. The only difference is that my grandma used French dressing instead of Catalina. Thank you for bringing a part of my past back to me & my family!"