Catalina Taco Salad
This quick and easy taco salad is popular with the teen campers at the youth camp my husband directs. Our daughter has requested it 2 years in a row for her birthday dinner. —Kay Curtis, Guthrie, Oklahoma
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 package (12 ounces) corn chips
- 1 bottle (24 ounces) Catalina salad dressing
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Transfer to a large serving bowl.
- Add the cheese, beans, tomatoes, onion, romaine and corn chips.
- Drizzle with dressing; gently toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 631 calories, 42 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 1,145 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.