Catalina Spinach Salad Recipe
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) spinach, torn
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 cups chow mein noodles
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Combine the first seven ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well. Combine remaining ingredients in a large salad bowl; add dressing and toss. Serve immediately. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Catalina Spinach Salad(2)
Sort By :
This is one of my favorite salads! Such a wonderful combination of ingredients!
We really enjoyed the crunchy texture of this salad. I chop the waterchestnuts and I use bacon pieces after I have trimmed all of the fat and chopped it before cooking. Great dressing.