Catalina Rice Salad Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup each chopped sweet red, green and yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Catalina salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a bowl, combine the rice, beans, ham, peppers and onion. Combine the salad dressing and cayenne; pour over rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with fat-free Catalina dressing) equals 182 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 688 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 lean meat.