Catalina Rice Salad Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup each chopped sweet red, green and yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Catalina salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a bowl, combine the rice, beans, ham, peppers and onion. Combine the salad dressing and cayenne; pour over rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 182 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 688mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein Diabetic Exchanges:2 starch, 1/2 lean meat
Reviews for Catalina Rice Salad
"I made this without the ham for the VEGAN members in my family and they loved it. They now even make it for themselves."