Catalina Rice Salad Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup each chopped sweet red, green and yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Catalina salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1. In a bowl, combine the rice, beans, ham, peppers and onion. Combine the salad dressing and cayenne; pour over rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
One 3/4-cup serving (prepared with fat-free Catalina dressing) equals 182 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 688 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 lean meat.
Reviews for Catalina Rice Salad
"I made this without the ham for the VEGAN members in my family and they loved it. They now even make it for themselves."