Catalina Rice Salad Recipe
Crisp peppers, chunks of ham and kidney beans make this one of the heartiest rice salads you'll ever sample. Sharon McClatchey from Muskogee, Oklahoma tops off the colorful combination with a bottle of Catalina dressing that she adds zip to with cayenne pepper.
- 2-1/2 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup each chopped sweet red, green and yellow pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 bottle (8 ounces) Catalina salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a bowl, combine the rice, beans, ham, peppers and onion. Combine the salad dressing and cayenne; pour over rice mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Catalina Rice Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p35
Reviews for Catalina Rice Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2009
"I made this without the ham for the VEGAN members in my family and they loved it. They now even make it for themselves."