Catalina Chicken Recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 4-1/2 teaspoons onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon grape jelly
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the salad dressing, soup mix and jelly; pour over chicken.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 246 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 697mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 29g protein
Reviews for Catalina Chicken
"Just made this last night. I was not sure about it with the ingredients but it turned out wonderful!!! Really a good combo if flavors!! We had our 4yr. old granddaughter here and she really loved it…ate every bit with no urging!!"
"The ingredients sounded so strange but I decided to be channel my inner chef & try this several years ago. Boy was I surprised! It was a nice combination of flavors! My husband & I loved it! And I even got my extremely picky 13 yr. old son to eat some of it. I've made this a lot since then & it's a family favorite. The ingredients are sure staples in our household & it's so easy & quick. A salad & some veggies steamed in a bag & you have a healthy weeknight dinner!"
"Made this last night for supper and it was great!"
"This was super easy and tasted really good."
"This is one of my husbands favorite meals. I skip browning the chicken - just use thin sliced chicken breasts and pour the sauce over them and bake them about 20-25 minutes. Perfect every time!"
"Yummy! Just takes a bit of time because you have to brown the chicken, then bake it. But worth it!~ Theresa"
"This was very good. The only thing I did different was to use fat free dressing."
"very flavorful easy recipe. One of my go to recipes when I'm pressed for time."