- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup Catalina salad dressing
- 4-1/2 teaspoons onion soup mix
- 1 tablespoon grape jelly
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in oil. Transfer to a shallow baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the salad dressing, soup mix and jelly; pour over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Catalina Chicken
"Have made this great recipe for years with apricot jam and sometimes Russian Dressing instead of Catalina. The recipe we use was called Russian chicken. We also use the sauce (doubled or tripled) for regular or vegetarian pecan "meatballs". Nice to see it here!"
"This was really good .As someone else commented I wasn't sure how it would turn out with the unusual ingredients.The only thing I would do differently would be make a little extra Sauce. I will definitely make again"
"I've been making this recipe for years but my recipe called for Apricot Jam. I have made it with other jams but like Apricot the best."
"Just made this last night. I was not sure about it with the ingredients but it turned out wonderful!!! Really a good combo if flavors!! We had our 4yr. old granddaughter here and she really loved it…ate every bit with no urging!!"
"The ingredients sounded so strange but I decided to be channel my inner chef & try this several years ago. Boy was I surprised! It was a nice combination of flavors! My husband & I loved it! And I even got my extremely picky 13 yr. old son to eat some of it. I've made this a lot since then & it's a family favorite. The ingredients are sure staples in our household & it's so easy & quick. A salad & some veggies steamed in a bag & you have a healthy weeknight dinner!"
"Made this last night for supper and it was great!"
"This was super easy and tasted really good."