Casserole in the Cooker
For a complete meal-in-one, you'll savor this slow-cooked ham, broccoli and rice dish that has all the goodness of an oven-baked casserole. "It's perfect for a Sunday afternoon dinner," informs Krista Harrison of Brazil, Indiana.
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 4 hours
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and drained
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the broccoli and ham. Combine the
- soup, cheese sauce, milk, rice, celery and onion; stir into the
- broccoli mixture. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until rice
- is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 555 calories, 27 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 101 mg cholesterol, 2,871 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 34 g protein.