For a complete meal-in-one, you'll savor this slow-cooked ham, broccoli and rice dish that has all the goodness of an oven-baked casserole. "It's perfect for a Sunday afternoon dinner," informs Krista Harrison of Brazil, Indiana.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and drained
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup uncooked Minute® White Rice
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the broccoli and ham. Combine the soup, cheese sauce, milk, rice, celery and onion; stir into the broccoli mixture. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Casserole in the Cooker in Quick Cooking January/February 2001, p43
Reviews for Casserole in the Cooker
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review