- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli cuts, thawed and drained
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the broccoli and ham. Combine the soup, cheese sauce, milk, rice, celery and onion; stir into the broccoli mixture. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until rice is tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Casserole in the Cooker
"Tjbrooks79 you can use cheddar instead, you'll need to compensate for the liquid in the cheese sauce though. Add a bit more milk, 1/4-1/2 cup to keep it from drying out."
"I have IBS and can't use the cheese sauce. Would finely shredded cheddar cheese work instead?"