Casserole for a Crowd Recipe
All five of our children and six grandchildren expect me to serve this casserole when they visit. It makes just the right amount for our growing family.—Fran Huettner, Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peas, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a greased roasting pan. Stir in the noodles, corn, peas and mushrooms.
- 2. In a large saucepan, combine 2-1/2 cups cheese with the remaining ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until cheese is melted. Pour over noodle mixture and mix well. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 serving equals 356 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 985 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Casserole for a Crowd
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC