Casserole Carrot Cake Recipe
I learned to make this yummy cake in a microwave cooking class more than 15 years ago. I keep cans of cream cheese frosting in the cupboard and usually have the rest of the ingredients on hand. It's nice to invite company for dinner at the last minute and have a great homemade dessert in no time. -Judie Arnold, East Peoria, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:6-8 servings
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups grated or finely chopped carrots (about 4 medium)
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Gradually beat in oil. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in the carrots, pineapple and pecans. Transfer to a greased 8-in. round microwave-safe casserole dish.
- 2. Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 9-11 minutes, or until a moist area about 1-1/2 in. in diameter remains in the center (when touched, cake will cling to your finger while area underneath will be almost dry).
- 3. Cool completely on a wire rack. Invert onto a serving plate. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 645 calories, 33 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 492 mg sodium, 86 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC