Casserole Carrot Cake Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups grated or finely chopped carrots (about 4 medium)
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 can (16 ounces) cream cheese frosting
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Gradually beat in oil. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Stir in the carrots, pineapple and pecans. Transfer to a greased 8-in. round microwave-safe casserole dish.
- Microwave, uncovered, at 70% power for 9-11 minutes, or until a moist area about 1-1/2 in. in diameter remains in the center (when touched, cake will cling to your finger while area underneath will be almost dry).
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Invert onto a serving plate. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Casserole Carrot Cake
Sort By :
"Sounds good and I was wondering the same thing. How about just taking your favorite basic cake recipe for a tube or bundt pan, use the amts. of flour, sugar, eggs, baking powder & soda and then add the other ingredients called for. Just doubling the recipe for those pans might work also. Just a thought. Avery"
"The cake sounds excellent. Is the cake gooey in the center? Also do you think you could make this in the oven.Joansu Texas"