Cashew Vegetable Salad
No one will guess this eye-appealing cashew salad from Amy Balenzano of Spokane, Washington comes together in minutes. The homemade dressing with a hint of ginger gives it so much flavor, they’ll think you spent all day in the kitchen.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 to 1 cup whole cashews
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash garlic powder
- In a large salad bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with 1/2 cup unsalted cashews and fat-free mayonnaise) equals 196 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 364 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.