Cashew Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 to 1 cup whole cashews
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash garlic powder
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Serve immediately. Yield: 5 servings.
3/4 cup: 196 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 7g fiber), 8g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.