Cashew Turkey Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted cashews
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1. In a bowl, mix the first five ingredients. Stir in turkey, celery, apricots and cashews.
- 2. Line half of the bread slices with lettuce. Top with turkey mixture and remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich: 298 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 664mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 22g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Cashew Turkey Salad Sandwiches
"What a delicious sandwich filling. The only change I made was to serve it on homemade hamburger buns as we don't care for rye bread. I also waited until just before serving to stir in the cashews. I served this at a bridal shower luncheon and it was a big hit and my family enjoyed the leftovers! I'll be watching for turkey breasts to go on sale so I can make this often. For this occasion, I cooked my turkey breast overnight in the crockpot and that worked very well. Excellent recipe!"
"This recipe was republished in the December/January, 2015, issue of Simple & Delicious, where I saw it, and with an abundance of turkey left over from Thanksgiving, I just had to give it a whirl.. I'm glad I did. I have made lots of turkey salad in my many years, but the addition of apricots and cashews brought a whole new dimension to this recipe, and served on pumpernickel bread instead of as a salad on a plate, made it extra special. This Field Editor will make this recipe again."
"very nice sandwich"
"I slightly changed this recipe. Omitted the apricots bread and lettuce. Added mandarin oranges and dried cranberries. VERY GOOD!!!"
"I made these for dinner. cus turkey make'sme sleepy,,great hit"
"I made this last night but I used dried cranberries instead of the apricots - because that's what I had on hand. SO yummy!!"