Cashew Turkey Salad Sandwiches Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons chopped unsalted cashews
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the turkey, celery, apricots, cashews and onion. Combine the mayonnaise, yogurt, salt and pepper; add to turkey mixture and stir to coat.
- 2. Place a lettuce leaf on half of the bread slices; top each with 1/2 cup turkey salad and remaining bread. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 298 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 664 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 22 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.