Cashew Turkey Pasta Salad Recipe
- 2 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds each)
- 3 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups salted cashew halves
- 1. Grill turkey, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate until cool. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. Remove skin from turkey; chop turkey and place in a large bowl. add the pasta, celery, onions and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and lemon juice; pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in cashews. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 766 calories, 37 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 176 mg cholesterol, 732 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 68 g protein.
Reviews for Cashew Turkey Pasta Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.