- 2 bone-in turkey breast (5 to 6 pounds each)
- 3 cups uncooked tricolor spiral pasta
- 2 celery ribs, diced
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 cups salted cashew halves
- Grill turkey, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate until cool. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- Remove skin from turkey; chop turkey and place in a large bowl. add the pasta, celery, onions and green pepper. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, brown sugar, vinegar, salt and lemon juice; pour over pasta mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, stir in cashews. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forCashew Turkey Pasta Salad
"Hi ehlertn,A bone-in turkey breast only yields about 3 lbs of meat. The ingredient list is correct."
"I've made this for parties, family reunions etc since it was first published in ToH magazine. I always get rave reviews and come home with an empty bowl. easy, but special."
"Every time I make this, someone asks me for the recipe."
"Sounds delicious, but does it really call for 10-12 "pounds" of turkey? Shouldn't it be 10-12 "ounces"?"