Cashew Tossed Salad
A flavorful onion dressing tastefully tops off a tossed salad featuring cashews and dried cranberries. I'm often asked to make this for meetings at church.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the greens, cashews, cranberries and sliced
- onion. In a blender, combine the sugar, chopped onion, olive oil,
- canola oil, vinegar, mustard and pepper; cover and process until
- blended. Stir in the poppy seeds. Drizzle over salad and toss to
- coat. Yield: 8 servings.