Cashew Tossed Salad Recipe
A flavorful onion dressing tastefully tops off a tossed salad featuring cashews and dried cranberries. I'm often asked to make this for meetings at church.
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the greens, cashews, cranberries and sliced onion. In a blender, combine the sugar, chopped onion, olive oil, canola oil, vinegar, mustard and pepper; cover and process until blended. Stir in the poppy seeds. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cashew Tossed Salad
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2016
"Simple and tasty. The dressing was great on a sandwich, too."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC