A flavorful onion dressing tastefully tops off a tossed salad featuring cashews and dried cranberries. I'm often asked to make this for meetings at church.
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the greens, cashews, cranberries and sliced onion. In a blender, combine the sugar, chopped onion, olive oil, canola oil, vinegar, mustard and pepper; cover and process until blended. Stir in the poppy seeds. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cashew Tossed Salad in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2006, p97
Reviews for Cashew Tossed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2016
"Simple and tasty. The dressing was great on a sandwich, too."