Cashew Tassie Cups
These little treats are packed with plenty of flavor. The nutty filling sits in rich-tasting mini pastry shells. Delicious!
12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth; stir in
- flour. Shape into 1-in. balls. Press dough onto the bottom and up
- the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups. Spoon cashews into
- shells; set aside.
- In another small bowl, beat the brown sugar, egg and vanilla until
- combined; spoon over nuts. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or
- until filling is set and pastry is golden brown. Cool for 10 minute
- before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 215 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 156 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.