These little treats are packed with plenty of flavor. The nutty filling sits in rich-tasting mini pastry shells. Delicious!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until smooth; stir in flour. Shape into 1-in. balls. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of ungreased miniature muffin cups. Spoon cashews into shells; set aside.
- In another small bowl, beat the brown sugar, egg and vanilla until combined; spoon over nuts. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until filling is set and pastry is golden brown. Cool for 10 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cashew Tassie Cups in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2001, p35
Reviews for Cashew Tassie Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review