Cashew Snow Pea Salad Recipe
- 3 cups fresh snow peas, halved
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews
- 1. In a large bowl, combine peas, cauliflower, celery and onions.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and salad dressing; pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- 3. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Sprinkle with bacon and cashews. Yield: 5 servings.
1 cup: 159 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 297mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cashew Snow Pea Salad
"I used snap peas as I did not see snow peas at the market today when I was shopping! I used RED onion, since I'd had that available. In place of sour cream & light Ranch-style dressing, I'd used a 5.3-oz. carton plain non-fat Greek yogurt and 1/2 cup fat-free Ranch dressing. I kept the cauliflower, celery & cashews as is. I omitted the bacon and used about 1/2 to 3/4 cup quartered red seedless grapes. This recipe is delicious! Thank you for sharing!delowenstein"