Cashew Snow Pea Salad Recipe
- 3 cups fresh snow peas, halved
- 2 cups chopped cauliflower
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 3 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup chopped cashews
- 1. In a large bowl, combine peas, cauliflower, celery and onions.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the sour cream and salad dressing; pour over vegetables and toss to coat.
- 3. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Sprinkle with bacon and cashews. Yield: 5 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 159 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 297 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 lean meat.