Cashew Sandwich Cookies Recipe
If your family and friends enjoy rich-tasting confections, these treats are bound to be a hit at holiday gatherings! Filled with chocolate and cashews, the cookies have melt-in-your-mouth appeal. I came up with them while trying to develop a creative new recipe. They've proven popular. —Melissa Boder, Salem, Virginia
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:24 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs yolks
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 can (10 ounces) salted cashews, finely chopped
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg yolks, sour cream, vanilla and lemon juice. Gradually add flour and mix well. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours or until easy to handle.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks.
- 3. For filling, melt chocolate chips and butter in a microwave-safe bowl; stir until smooth. Stir in cashews. Spread on the bottom of half of the cookies; top each with another cookie. Dust tops with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 4 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 337 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 52 mg cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC