I love cooking with pork because it is such a versatile meat. This stir-fry uses a tenderloin with a delicious sauce which will impress guests and family.—Betty Ruenholl, Syracuse, Nebraska
Recommended: 35 Chinese Takeout Fake-Out Recipes
- 1 pound pork tenderloin
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/3 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Cut tenderloin into thin strips and set aside. Combine sauce ingredients, stirring well.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add carrots and celery; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Remove vegetables and set aside.
- Add remaining oil to skillet. Add pork; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Return vegetables to pan; add sauce and cashews. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cashew Pork Stir-Fry in Country Woman January/February 1990, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cashew Pork Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review