Cashew-Pecan Pie Bars Recipe
A buttery shortbread crust is covered with a rich maple flavored topping that is just loaded with pecans and cashews. A little piece is all you'll need.—Karen Haen, Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped cashews
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1. Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil; grease the foil and set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, syrup and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the cashews, pecans and cream.
- 4. Pour over crust. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Using foil, lift bars out of pan. Discard foil; cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 bar equals 340 calories, 23 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC