- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped cashews
- 1-1/2 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Line a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan with foil; grease the foil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, syrup and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 3 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in the cashews, pecans and cream.
- Pour over crust. Bake 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool on a wire rack. Using foil, lift bars out of pan. Discard foil; cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Cashew-Pecan Pie Bars
Sort By :
Fabulous taste - this is my new favorite "pecan pie" bar recipe. I will definitely be making/sharing this again and again! (I like them best when they are cold.)
I made these bars and they turned out hard as a rock. I couldn't even cut into them. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?.. I'd like to make them again. email@example.com
These are soooooo good. The only thing I did differently was to cut the pan into 32 bars rather than 24. I served these at a card party and they were a hit!!!
I did make this and it is awesome! Very easy to do if you follow the directions, I used a grater to grate the butter rather than cube it because it makes cutting it into the flour much easier. Lining the pan with foil was genius and it made cooling and cutting it a breeze. Definitely will make this again.