Cashew-Pear Tossed Salad
A friend who does a lot of catering fixed this salad for our staff Christmas party several years ago, and we all asked for the recipe. The unexpected sweet-salty mix and lovely dressing make it a hit with everyone. —Arlene Muller, Kingwood, Texas
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- POPPY SEED VINAIGRETTE:
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, cheese, cashews, pear and
- cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients.
- Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 228 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.