Cashew-Pear Tossed Salad Recipe
- 1 bunch romaine, torn
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 medium pear, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- POPPY SEED VINAIGRETTE:
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 to 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine, cheese, cashews, pear and cranberries. In a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Cashew-Pear Tossed Salad
Sort By :
"This salad is always very popular with friends and family. Only change was less sugar."
"Simple and delicious salad. I used lightly salted cashews, but actually next time I will use the regular salted ones for the taste contrast with the dressing. I don't know why so many salad recipes call for such a large amount of dressing - I cut it in half and still had plenty left over. I like salad lightly dressed. But these criticisms are minor - this salad is easy, light and tasty!"
"Delicious!Had this for an office party today & everyone loved it! I have several asking that I make this the new standard go-to salad for monthly awards luncheon and asked for the recipe too."
"I love this salad!"
"This one's a keeper! Made it for Easter dinner with family and everyone loved it. I used 3 heads of romaine lettuce and still had dressing left over. This one's going into the tried and true file. It's great!"