Cashew Pear Melts Recipe
Pears, cashews and melted cheese top slices of cinnamon-raisin bread in this out-of-the-ordinary entree from Amy Renfroe of Key Largo, Florida. "These open-faced sandwiches make a yummy main course for breakfast or brunch," says Amy, a former preschool director. "They're great for snacking, too."
- 4 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 2 to 3 medium ripe pears, sliced
- 4 slices Colby or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1. Place bread on a baking sheet. Spread with butter; top with cashews, pears and cheese. broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
2 each: 610 calories, 33g fat (17g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 650mg sodium, 62g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 8g fiber), 23g protein
Reviews for Cashew Pear Melts
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC