Cashew Pear Melts
Pears, cashews and melted cheese top slices of cinnamon-raisin bread in this out-of-the-ordinary entree from Amy Renfroe of Key Largo, Florida. "These open-faced sandwiches make a yummy main course for breakfast or brunch," says Amy, a former preschool director. "They're great for snacking, too."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 4 slices cinnamon-raisin bread
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped cashews
- 2 to 3 medium ripe pears, sliced
- 4 slices Colby or Monterey Jack cheese
- Place bread on a baking sheet. Spread with butter; top with cashews,
- pears and cheese. broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until
- cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 610 calories, 33 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 69 mg cholesterol, 650 mg sodium, 62 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 23 g protein.