Cashew-Peach Sweet Potatoes
After trying this tasty side dish, I think you’ll agree that it is holiday-special. Sweet peaches and crunchy cashews really enhance the sweet potatoes.
10 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with
- water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-45
- minutes or just until tender. Drain and cool slightly; peel and cut
- into cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cashews, salt and ginger.
- Place half of the sweet potatoes in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in.
- baking dish; top with half of the peaches and brown sugar mixture.
- Repeat layers; dot with butter.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes
- longer or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 10 servings.