- 6 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Place sweet potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-45 minutes or just until tender. Drain and cool slightly; peel and cut into cubes.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cashews, salt and ginger. Place half of the sweet potatoes in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; top with half of the peaches and brown sugar mixture. Repeat layers; dot with butter.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Cashew-Peach Sweet Potatoes
Sort By :
This recipe is wonderful. Everytime I make it, I am asked for the recipe. I cut the peaches into chunks and sometimes I use nuts and sometimes I don't but it is always great!
I served this on Christmas and it quickly became a family fav. The combo of the peaches and sweet potatoes are delicious
I used pecans instead of cashews. Everyone at my dinner table was stating how yummy the dish was. Great recipe and it helped in filling the men.
This is a great dish with a twist! Our whole family enjoyed it. I would cut the peaches smaller next time though.
I have made this recipe for Thanksgiving dinner for years! I still get compliments from family members who eat it every year. I add extra peaches to satisfy my family's taste!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Cashew Recipes >
- Casserole Side Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Halloween Party Recipes >
- Halloween Recipes >
- Halloween Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peach Recipes >
- Potato Casseroles >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Sweet Potato Casserole Recipes >