Cashew Pea Salad Recipe
My son-in-law frequently requests this crisp pea salad of mine. It has plenty of fresh ingredients and a tangy dressing. Peas are positively palate-pleasing paired with cashews in the cool side dish.
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider or red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup chopped cashews
- Lettuce leaves and tomato wedges, optional
- 1. For dressing, combine the first nine ingredients in a small bowl; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine peas, celery and onions. Combine sour cream and 2 tablespoons dressing (refrigerate remaining dressing); mix well. Fold into the pea mixture. Just before serving, stir in bacon and cashews. If desired, serve on lettuce with a tomato garnish. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 336 calories, 31 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Cashew Pea Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC