- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider or red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 to 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup chopped cashews
- Lettuce leaves and tomato wedges, optional
- For dressing, combine the first nine ingredients in a small bowl; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, combine peas, celery and onions. Combine sour cream and 2 tablespoons dressing (refrigerate remaining dressing); mix well. Fold into the pea mixture. Just before serving, stir in bacon and cashews. If desired, serve on lettuce with a tomato garnish. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cashew Pea Salad
Sort By :
Tasty and different, the peas, bacon and cashews really go together wonderfully. This is really a 4 1/2 star recipe and we make it regularly for family gatherings where it's popular with everyone.
2 green onions, thinly sliced, is what's missing
The stars aren't working. I want to give this 5 stars and it is stuck on 1. EXCELLENT salad. It sounded good but far exceeded my expectations.
this recipe says in the direction ONIONS there are no onion listed in the ingredients - poorly written and edited by the TOH staff.