Cashew-Curry Chicken Salad Recipe
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 2/3 cup honey Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1. In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, carrots, raisins and cashews.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix yogurt, lemon juice, honey and spices. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 287 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 60mg cholesterol, 267mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Cashew-Curry Chicken Salad
"People at my Sabbath fellowship loved it. I left out the garlic powder and pepper. It was a bit dry, so I added almond milk before serving."