My husband and I fell hard for the curried chicken salad from our grocery store deli, and I knew I could find a way to make something similar. This version has become one of our favorites to take on trips to the beach. —Janine Cooper-Moren, Portland, Oregon
Featured In: 65 Heart-Healthy Suppers
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 2/3 cup honey Greek yogurt
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, celery, carrots, raisins and cashews.
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt, lemon juice, honey and spices. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cashew-Curry Chicken Salad in Simple & Delicious April/May 2014
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cashew-Curry Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 14, 2015
"People at my Sabbath fellowship loved it. I left out the garlic powder and pepper. It was a bit dry, so I added almond milk before serving."