Cashew Curried Beef Recipe
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 can (13.66 ounces) coconut milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce or soy sauce
- 8 cups chopped bok choy
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Hot cooked brown rice
- 1. In a large skillet, saute beef in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- 2. Spoon 1/2 cup cream from top of coconut milk and place in the pan. Add remaining oil; bring to a boil. Add curry paste; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until oil separates from coconut milk mixture.
- 3. Stir in the brown sugar, fish sauce and remaining coconut milk. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Add bok choy and red pepper; return to a boil. Cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender.
- 4. Stir in the cashews, cilantro and beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 5 servings.
1-1/4 cups (calculated without rice) equals 469 calories, 35 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 873 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.