Cashew Crunch Recipe
Folks can't stop eating buttery, brittle-like candy. Try using almonds or your favorite nut in place of the cashews as an equally tasty alternative.—Kim Croft, San Diego, California
- 2 teaspoons plus 10 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups salted cashews
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, cayenne, salt and remaining butter. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Add cashews and bring to a boil; cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 280° (soft-crack stage), about 6 minutes.
- 3. Immediately pour into prepared pan; spread with a metal spatula. Cool completely. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/4 pounds.
1 ounce equals 182 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC