Cashew Crunch Recipe
- 2 teaspoons plus 10 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups salted cashews
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, cayenne, salt and remaining butter. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Add cashews and bring to a boil; cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 280° (soft-crack stage), about 6 minutes.
- 3. Immediately pour into prepared pan; spread with a metal spatula. Cool completely. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/4 pounds.
1 ounce-weight: 182 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Cashew Crunch
"Outstanding! Cayenne is the perfect addition. Nice sweet with a little bite"
"I loved this stuff and so did all my friends. I left out the cayenne as I don't like anything too hot, and it was so good without it I made another batch almost immediately. That's almost gone and I'm prepared to make another batch. Have given almost all of it away and now I want some! Also gave a friend the recipe as she was having trouble making peanut brittle with the baking soda and all that, and this is so much easier!"
"Loved this recipe. My family loves spicy food, and a spicy candy with nuts, fantastic!"
"I agree! way tooooooo much cayenne! Will try again without!"
"This is a delicious recipe, the only reason I gave it 4 stars is because its hot! Do yourself a favor, and leave out the cayenne pepper!! Looking forward to the second batch!"