- 2 teaspoons plus 10 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups salted cashews
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with 2 teaspoons butter; set aside. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, brown sugar, corn syrup, cayenne, salt and remaining butter. Cook and stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add cashews and bring to a boil; cook and stir until a candy thermometer reads 280° (soft-crack stage), about 6 minutes.
- Immediately pour into prepared pan; spread with a metal spatula. Cool completely. Break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/4 pounds.
Reviews for Cashew Crunch
Sort By :
"Loved this recipe. My family loves spicy food, and a spicy candy with nuts, fantastic!"
"I agree! way tooooooo much cayenne! Will try again without!"
"This is a delicious recipe, the only reason I gave it 4 stars is because its hot! Do yourself a favor, and leave out the cayenne pepper!! Looking forward to the second batch!"