Cashew Chicken Recipe
We love eating ethnic foods, especially Asian dishes. This chicken stir-fry is my family's favorite! The cashews add crunch and a sweet, nutty flavor, and the tasty sauce adds richness to garden-fresh carrots and broccoli. —Ena Quiggle, Goodhue, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 15 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds skinless boneless chicken, cubed
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 cup roasted salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, sherry, sesame oil and garlic powder. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Discard marinade from chicken. In a wok or large skillet, stir-fry chicken in canola oil for 2-3 minutes or until no longer pink. With a slotted spoon, remove chicken and set aside.
- 3. In the same skillet, stir-fry broccoli and carrots for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger and reserved marinade until smooth; gradually stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cashews and chicken; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC