- 8 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, cornstarch and garlic. Add chicken. In a large skillet, saute chicken mixture in peanut and sesame oils until no longer pink. Add onions; cook 1 minute longer.
- Drain noodles; stir into skillet. Add cashews and chili sauce and heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cashew Chicken with Noodles
Sort By :
"This is my favorite recipe now! It's been a big hit with all of our family! Quick, easy, & delicious! We always add a little more sweet chili sauce, but that's according to individual preference. Don't change a thing!"
"I made this recipe exactly as written, though I cut the green onions into smaller pieces (large chunks of any kind of onion don't work well for me), and I used up some bulk peanuts instead of the cashews. I usually add peanuts when I make a stir-fry anyway. I definitely did NOT add any chicken broth, as others have suggested, and it did not even cross my mind that that would be necessary. It was absolutely delicious, and I wanted to make it again the next night!I saw this recipe a while back but had never made it because I thought I hated Thai food (i.e. the sweet chili sauce). I am so glad that someone convinced me to eat Pad Thai (with chili sauce, yum!), which convinced me to make this recipe!Also, I had a recommendation from a friend that if you think the noodles are tasteless, cook them with additional amounts of the spices that you will be using..."
"Even our very picky son liked this!"
"I made this tonight for my family. We all really liked it! I used sesame oil and Olive oil (adding about 1T. Peanut butter to oils). After cooking the chicken per the directions, I did add about a cup of chicken broth before adding the cooked rice noodles. And although I added the chili sauce to the dish, we all ended up adding a lot more to our individual bowls. Yummy!!"