Cashew Chicken with Noodles
I tried this recipe with some friends one night when we were doing freezer meals. I was smitten! It's quick, easy and so delicious! —Anita Beachy, Bealeton, Virginia
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, cornstarch and
- garlic. Add chicken. In a large skillet, saute chicken mixture in
- peanut and sesame oils until no longer pink. Add onions; cook 1
- minute longer.
- Drain noodles; stir into skillet. Add cashews and chili sauce and
- heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups equals 604 calories, 26 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,099 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 34 g protein.