Cashew Chicken with Noodles Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 6 green onions, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1. Cook rice noodles according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soy sauce, cornstarch and garlic. Add chicken. In a large skillet, saute chicken mixture in peanut and sesame oils until no longer pink. Add onions; cook 1 minute longer.
- 3. Drain noodles; stir into skillet. Add cashews and chili sauce and heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 604 calories, 26 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,099 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer