"I love to cook and bake for my family and friends," says Bonnie DeVries. The reader from Brainerd, Minnesota seasons this chicken and rice casserole with ground ginger, then stirs in some crunchy cashews. —Bonnie DeVries, Brainerd, Minnesota
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen broccoli cuts
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup salted cashews, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Transfer to a greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45-55 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink. Stir in 1/2 cup of cashews. Sprinkle with remaining cashews. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cashew Chicken in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p19
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cashew Chicken with Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review