Cashew Chicken with Broccoli
"I love to cook and bake for my family and friends," says Bonnie DeVries. The reader from Brainerd, Minnesota seasons this chicken and rice casserole with ground ginger, then stirs in some crunchy cashews. —Bonnie DeVries, Brainerd, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups frozen broccoli cuts
- 1-3/4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 jar (6 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup salted cashews, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Transfer to a
- greased shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 45-55 minutes or until rice is tender
- and chicken is no longer pink. Stir in 1/2 cup of cashews. Sprinkle
- with remaining cashews. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA
, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now