Cashew Chicken with Bok Choy Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup stir-fry sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sherry or additional chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head bok choy, trimmed
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the chicken, celery, red pepper, onion and garlic in stir-fry sauce and oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, sherry, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in bok choy. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 5 minutes or until bok choy is tender. Sprinkle with cashews. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup stir-fry mixture (calculated without rice) equals 349 calories, 17 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,082 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Cashew Chicken with Bok Choy
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer