- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup stir-fry sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup sherry or additional chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 head bok choy, trimmed
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry the chicken, celery, red pepper, onion and garlic in stir-fry sauce and oil until chicken is no longer pink.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth, sherry, salt and pepper until smooth. Stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in bok choy. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook for 5 minutes or until bok choy is tender. Sprinkle with cashews. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Cashew Chicken with Bok Choy
Sort By :
I made this to use up some bok choy. It was pretty good, a bit too much celery. I may make it again.
This was fabulous! Very very tasty! Definitely putting on my make one a week list. The only alteration I made was I used 1/4 less cashews and reduced sodium chicken broth and no extra added salt. Next time going to try reduced soy sauce for the stir fry sauce. Excellent recipe! Thanks for sharing this :)