- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery (1/2-inch pieces)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1-1/2 cups cashews
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of broth. Meanwhile, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger and remaining broth until smooth; set aside.
- Add chicken to the skillet; stir-fry over medium heat until no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Add garlic, carrots and celery to skillet; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add broccoli and peas; stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir broth mixture; add to the skillet with the chicken. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in cashews. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry
Sort By :
"this was very good I did't have any carrots or snow peas so I added water chestnuts to have that crunch. Every liked this recipe."
"This is one of my first attempts at a stir-fry: I'm not crazy about them but my husband loves them. We both thought that it was ok but I'm going to keep trying other recipes."
"This is my stand-by for cashew chicken. I leave out the snow peas and use a cup each of the celery and carrots. Yummy! Naturally gluten-free for me. Perfect."
"One of the few stir fry recipes that turns out for me and my family likes."
"This is a fantastic recipe because you can use whatever vegetables you have on hand. I didn't have broccoli so I used asparagus and threw in some frozen green peas. My family of boys all love this dish and request it quite often. I have to hide the cashews until I am ready for them or they will all be eaten!! This was added to my recipe box as a favorite!!"