Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/2 cup sliced celery (1/2-inch pieces)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1-1/2 cups cashews
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of broth. Meanwhile, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, ginger and remaining broth until smooth; set aside.
- 2. Add chicken to the skillet; stir-fry over medium heat until no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 3. Add garlic, carrots and celery to skillet; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add broccoli and peas; stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir broth mixture; add to the skillet with the chicken. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Stir in cashews. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 571 calories, 33 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 1,625 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 39 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.