- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped salted cashews
- 1/2 cup chopped red apple
- 1/2 cup chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 6 lettuce leaves, optional
- 6 kaiser rolls or croissants, split
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, cashews, apple and cucumber. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, salt and pepper. Add to chicken mixture and toss to coat.
- Place a lettuce leaf if desired and 1/2 cup chicken salad on each roll bottom; replace tops. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cashew Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Sort By :
Love chicken salad and always like trying it with new and different ingredients. Perfect hot weather lunch, with fruit on the side.
I make this all the time, always delicious.
This was good but it was missing something.
LOVED this. So easy and perfect for a night when the temp is near 100 degrees - no oven, no grill, no stove. (I always have diced cooked chicken in the freezer.)
Only change I would make would be to omit the 1/2 tsp. salt if you use salted cashews. I also used Miracle Whip instead of mayo for the added "zing". Would consider serving this just on leaves of lettuce instead of buns for those less hearty appetites.
I made this for a group of men and they loved it. If I were eating it, I would want more sauce, I thought it appeared dry but they thought it was great!
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Cashew Chicken >
- Cashew Chicken Recipes >
- Cashew Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >